Sorry to convey to you that the daughter of Dr. Hamodi Abbas Hameed was killed while traveling to Amman by American convoy for no reason whatsoever.
I am giving you hereunder rundown of the accident, and Dr. Hamodi kindly ask you to send to CBS or any other mass media.
- On Thursday 20-01-05 at 8:16 A.M (Sunny day, clear skies) while a number of GMC cars were traveling to Amman, and just after Ramadi (25KM away), they saw an American military convoy. All cars slowed down, and stayed away from the convoy by more than 200 meters.
- No shots were fired on the convoy and non of the GMC’s tried to depart from the group pf GMC’s and there was non whatsoever reason to trigger any action by the American convoy.
- All of a sudden the convoy opened fire of all the GMC’s (at head levels) causing the death of 5 civilian Iraqis and several injured. One of the dead was Mena the daughter of Hamodi.
1. No alarm firing was initiated (usually by shooting on the tyres or the sky). They started with shooting at head level of people in the GMC’s.
2. It was the first day of Eid.
3. Mena was only 12 days away from her 20th birthday.
4. The American convoy did not bother to stop to see what happened.
5. Witnesses are her brother Husam (Canadian Nationality), and her mother and other brothers.
6. Other killed are Mohammed Al Ani and his daughter.
I attach to you few photos of Mena and also will try to send cell phone photos of the incident. Any journalist can contact the family on:
+ 9641 7781807
+ 9641 7781122
Cell phone: + 964 7901918147
I hope you can do something to make it known about the thousands of Iraqi’s that are being such killed, with no one even mentioning it.
===I recall Dr Hamodi as a highly respectable gentleman, dignified, humble, clean (unlike several present corrupt puppet ministers) yet scientifically capable. You can actually feel his serenity, inner depth and humbleness when talking with him.
He had a very distinguished career at the nuclear program and particulary excelled after the 1991 war in running the huge state run pharmaceutical complex in Samarra (whose famous 1200 years old Milwiya minaret's top was bombed a few days ago) that supplied near-free medicine to the Iraqi populace during the harsh economic sanctions of the last decade.
This is another such recent incident
(April 3, 2005 - in Arabic) of a mother, who is a teacher, who was mowed down by Hummer gunners as she tried to protect her children (10, 7 and 5 years old). The en masse slaying claimed her life as well as six of her neighbours who tried to assist her.
قتلوا اناسا ابرياء...ام لثلاث بنات ( الست ميسون ) ام ظبية المدرسة في احدى مدارس قرى ابو غريب اكبرهن 10 سنوات والأخرى 7 سنوات والصغيرة لم تكمل الخامسة...قتلوا امهن امام اعينهن وأمام عتبة دارهم...وقتلوا بعض الجيران ...وجرحوا واشاعوا الفوضى بين البشر الآمنين وبالتحديد في منطقة حي الخضراء قريب من شارع سبعاوي المشهور في الحي وقرب اعداديةالخضراء....لتتأكدوا لقد قتلوهم بدم بارد ..اكثر من سيارة همر اجهزت على الجميع والحصيلة اكثر من 7 قتلى.
إنا لله وإنا إليه راجعون ---الفاتحةGoodbye Mena ................... She was on her way to meet her mother and father